Now that the Supreme Court has effectively made women incubators for the state after having overturned Roe v Wade today, here’s what should happen.
This presumes Congress will be unwilling or unable to establish laws to protect women’s reproductive rights nationally. They must heretofore:
- Pay women a respectable and lifetime salary for their new roles as incubators for the state. NO across-the-board public tax dollars may be collected or allocated for this purpose. All funds must be collected from special taxes to those who advocated that Roe v Wade be overturned: the GOP, the judges, the Catholic church and other churches, pro-life organizations and individuals.
2. Pay the full cost of the incubators’ healthcare expenses, including for medications, vitamins and supplements for a healthy pregnancy and pregnancy clothing and anything else an incubator may require to maintain her sanity and health. Again, NO across-the-board public tax dollars may be collected or allocated for this purpose.
3. Pay the full cost of rearing the unwanted child if it is kept by the incubator, including for healthcare, clothing, food, education through college, entertainment and anything else until the unwanted child is able to fully fend for him/herself. NO across-the-board public tax dollars may be collected or allocated for this purpose.
4. Establish new institutions nationwide that will care for the forced offspring if the incubator chooses not to be a parent to the unwanted child. That will entail building new infrastructure and hiring workers in all categories. NO across-the-board public tax dollars may be collected or allocated for this purpose.
5. Establish and enforce laws that all pro-lifers who advocated that Roe v Wade be overturned, adopt the unwanted children of incubators, beginning with the Supreme Court Justices and the GOP. NO across-the-board public tax dollars may be used to help any foster parent with this endeavor.
6. Establish that no employer may discriminate or retaliate against a pregnant women for absenteeism related to her pregnancy.
7. Establish national family leave allowances commensurate with other industrialized nations. Any expenses or losses to employers shall be paid by the pro-life establishment.
I’m sure there are more that can be done to counter this egregious ruling by the Supreme Court and I will add to my list as I think of them.